After Hon’ble Shri. Vilasrao Deshmukh became the Chief Minister for the second time in the year 2006, he proposed through his close friend MLC Hon’ble Kapil Patil Saheb, an idea of forming a Sanghatana for redressal of the injustice being caused to Minority Officers/ Employees.
Due to certain unavoidable circumstances, at that time we could not proceed. But later on due to increasing number of cases of injustice to minoritiy officers & employees coming forward we decided to proceed, on the principles of ’‘Educate, organise and struggle” of Bharat Ratna Dr, Babasaheb Ambedkar and with the active support of Hon. Shri, Kapil Patil. On 29.11.2011 we held a meeting under the Chairmanship of Hon. Shri Hasan Nawab, Additional Commissioner of Safes Tax (Retired) and took the decision of forming the Association, 25 Officers-employees of minority from various departments were present in the meeting.
On 16th March, 2012 the proposal was submitted in the name of ‘Maharashtra State Alpasankhyak Adhikari-Karmachari Sanghatana’ to the Government for approval. Hon’ble Shri Kapil Patil, accompanied the Office bearers of the Sanghatna to erstwhile Chief Minister Hon’ble Prithviraj Chavan and explained him the purpose of formation of the Sanghatna. Hon’ble Chief Minister was pleased to immediately put his positive remarks on the said proposal of the Sanghatana formation.
Hon’ble Shri Kapil Patil who cherishes the cause of minorities and has vociferously raised the issues of minorities has played a vital role in the formation this association.
He has also played important role in getting benifits for the minorities as under:-
- On 9th August 1995, 16 backward castes of the Muslim community secured the benefit of O.B.C because of Hon’ble Shri Sharad Pawar and perseverance of Hon’ble Shri Kapil Patil and Hon’ble Shri Shabbhirbhai Ansari, the President of All India Muslim O.B.C. Organization, Film Actor Hon’ble Shri Dilip Kumar (Janab Yusuf Khan Saheb). Several Muslim Philosophers of Maharashtra State joined this movement, such as Hon’ble Shri. Fakruddin Bennur from Solapur, Hon’ble Shri P.A. Inamdar from Pune, Shri. Nasir Sharif Masalat from Sangli, Hon’ble Shri Arif Bagwan from Satara, Hon’ble Shri Shaukat Tamboli from Ahmednagar (at present member of State Backward Class Commission), Hon’ble Shri Javed Pasha Qureshi from Nagpur, Hon’ble Shri Gani Ajrekar from Kolhapur, Hon’ble Shri Hasan Kamal, Hon. Shri Sarfarj Arju from Mumbai etc. Besides them, countless activists from Maharashtra joined this movement, Hon’ble Shri Shabbirbhai Ansari proudly stated in all his speeches that ‘Kapil is younger to me by age, but he is my Guru”.
- For the economical development and prosperity of the minority communities (Muslim, Christian, Parsee. Jain, Sikh, Boudh), Hon’ble Shri Kapil Patil had organized a meeting with Maharashtra State Chief Minister Hon’ble Shri Viiasrao Deshmukh, Deputy Chief Minister Shri Chagan Bhujbal, Film Actor and M.P. Hon’ble Dilip Kumar on 6.10.2000 wherein all Ministers of the Minority department, Office bearers, Secretaries of Concerned Departments, All Divisional Commissioners, District Collectors and office bearers and activists of Muslim O.B.C. Organization were present. In this meeting decision was taken for formation of Maulana Azad Economical Development Corporation. In this metting it was also resolved to give benifit of reservation to all the muslim categories whose proposals were pending before the state backward class commission. The issue of difficulties faced by minority committee in getting cast verification certificate was also dealt with.
- During the period from the year 2000 to 2008, Hon’ble Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh, in the capacity of Chief Minister provided the benefits of Other Backward Class, Vimukta Jati (VJ), Bhatkia Jamati (NT) and Special Backward Class to the remaining 31 backwaard Castes of Muslim and Christian communities. In this, Hon’ble Shri Kapil Patil has played an important role.
- During the winter session at Nagpur in the year 2007, Hon’ble Shri Kapil Patel had put forward the proposal for formation of the Minority Ministry in Maharashtra on the grounds of the Centre and Hon’ble Shri Viiasrao Deshmukh immediately accepted it which resulted in its formation in the state.
- Since the Association’s President Shri Haji Saipan Jatkar has been working in the social field with Hon’ble Shri Kapil Patil, Hon’ble Shri Shabbribhai Ansari, Film Actor and ex-MP Hon’ble Dilip Kumar for the past 20 years from the year 1993 (i.e. since his student days and even after joining the Government Service by successfully managing Administrative works) he is witness to all these matters. On 29th May, 2001, he was appointed by the Government, as a representative of Muslim community on the Other Backward Class Review Committee, established at the level of Director of Social Welfare, Pune.
- Later on Hon’ble Shri Kapil Patil appealed to the Minority Development Minister Hon. Shri Mohd. Arif (Nasim) Khan to take the initiative for getting the approval from government for formation of Sanghatana. In response to the same, on 13 March 2013, the Hon. Minister held a successful meeting by inviting Hon. Shri P. S. Meena, Additional Chief Secretary of the General Administration Department, Hon. Smt. T. F. Thekkekra. Additional Chief Secretary of Minority Development Ministry, Joint Secretaries, Dy. Secretaries, and Undersecretaries of the concerned Departments. In this metting he directed the General Administration Department to give the ‘No Objection’ (Permission) for registering the association by the name of ‘Maharashtra State Minority Officers Employees Association’, with the Charity Commissioner.
- On 18 April 2013, the General Administration Department handed over the letter of ‘No Objection’ (Permission) to the Minority Development Ministry, for registering the association by the name ‘Maharashtra State Minority Officers-Employees Association*, with the Charity Commissioner. On 20 April 2013, the Minority Development Ministry endorsed the said letter and directed the President of Maharashtra State Minority Officers Employees Association for the necessary action.
- On 6th September, 2013, The Charity Commissioner granted Registration Certificate, by the name ‘Maharashtra State Minority Officers-Employees Association’ and the said Association came to shape.
- A request has been submitted on 13 September 2013, to the General Administration Department to issue circular informing all the departments of government regarding formation of the association and also to take up and solve the problems of minority officers-employees at local level.
- The Officers-employees of the Government and Semi Government Departments of Maharashtra have to now come together and work for formation of the District and Taluka Executive Committee’s.